How to change your Twitter username and handle. This guide will teach you everything from how to change a name on social media, what formats are accepted, which platforms allow changing names, the different types of handles or usernames that exist in general
The “how to change display name on twitter 2021” is a guide that includes information on how to change your display name on Twitter. The article also includes information about changing the username and email address associated with your account.
Twitter is a social networking service that was founded in 2006 and is now one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. Users are supplied with a worldwide available and accessible platform to exchange ideas through ‘tweets’ of text, GIFs, videos, photographs, and other material.
With moments and bookmarks, Twitter enables you to arrange your areas. You may retweet and comment to other people’s tweets, and they will appear on your profile.
Twitter now allows users to share their ideas and current events. As a result, since the introduction of Twitter, the number of viral videos and photos has increased. Also, thanks to Twitter, a variety of initiatives have taken root and spread like wildfire. The communication has been increasing at a quicker rate as more individuals connect and exchange.
How Can You Personalize Your Twitter Account?
Twitter is used by people from many walks of life; the more educational and entertaining material you offer, the higher your engagement will be. If you’re a Social Media Influencer, own a company, or want to boost your profile as much as possible for professional objectives, the following techniques of appropriate optimization should be just up your alley:-
- Log in to your Twitter account via www.twitter.com or the Twitter app on your mobile device (be it Android or iOS).
- Enter your credentials and you’ll be able to get into your Twitter account in no time.
- Go to your profile page.
- Select Edit Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Change or add a header picture (recommended to be around 1500 x 500 pixels)
- Change or add a profile picture (recommended to be around 400 x 400 pixels)
- Change or add a bio (you can have a maximum of 160 characters)
- Include a birthdate.
- Include your location and a link to your website (optional)
However, you are unsure how to modify your username.
On the Web/Android, How Do You Change Your Username?
To modify your Twitter handle or username, just follow the instructions below: –
- If you’re using a web browser to log in, go to the official website and look for the log-in link, or click here.
- Alternatively, if you have the app installed on your mobile device, click it to access it. If necessary, enter your credentials and log in to your Twitter account.
- From your profile’s drop-down icon, choose settings, and then go to the privacy option.
- You will be instructed to update your username under your account. When creating a new username, be sure to follow the following guidelines:
- Your username should be at least four characters long and no more than fifteen.
- Your username should not include any spaces.
- In your username, you may use alphabets, digits, and underscores.
- Except for the underscore and the @ symbol, which is used by default at the start of the username, no special characters are permitted.
- After you’ve completed the username, click Done.
Your new username will now appear in your profile. Additionally, you may need to alter several combinations when inputting the username in order to get a unique username.
When you deactivate your previous username, it becomes accessible for someone else to use.
On iOS, how can you change your Twitter handle?
While accessing the account and changing the login is mostly the same on Android phones and via web-based accessing, it might be somewhat different for iOS users. As a result, follow the steps below to access and update your Twitter username on an iOS mobile phone:-
- Open the Twitter application.
- To get to the profile page, click the Me button at the bottom of the screen.
- To modify the profile, click Edit.
- Follow the instructions to change your username.
- To save the new username, click Done.
How Do You Modify Your Display Name?
Your display name is a unique identifier that allows you to be distinguished from others. The display name, unlike the Twitter handle’s username, does not have to be very distinctive. Depending on your preference, the display name may be up to 50 characters long.
You may also alter the display name. All you need to do is follow the instructions below:
- If you’re using a web browser, click this link to get to your account’s log-in page, or click here.
- Alternatively, if you’re using a mobile app, launch the Twitter app, input your password if necessary, and log in to your account.
- Go to Edit Profile after clicking on your profile.
- The name box will appear, allowing you to change the display name. There, you may input your desired name. Users either use a real name or a whimsical name, and the language is often ‘simple English.’
- When you’re finished, click the ‘Save’ button.
If you’re looking for a cool Twitter account name, check out this site for some inspiration: https://turbofuture.com/internet/twitter-name-ideas
Twitter is a powerful tool for exchanging information and learning new perspectives. Change will be seen sooner rather than later if it is managed properly. Another feature that is creating more interest in Twitter and the tweeting activity is Twitter Fleets, which are essentially Twitter Stories.
So, those were the several options for changing your Twitter handle’s username. Let us know if you still have any doubts in the comments!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) include the following:
- Will I lose my existing followers if I change my username?
No, you won’t be able to do so. It is a complete fabrication that altering a user’s username would result in the loss of current followers or a complete 180-degree change in the user’s tweets and postings. Instead, your followers will see that your username has changed yet your postings stay the same.
- Is the Display name the same as the Twitter handle’s username?
No, the terms username and display name are not interchangeable. It’s because, although a user’s display name may be identical to another user’s display name, the username will never be. Because of its uniqueness, the username fulfills the primary role of filtering out and identifying the individual in a sea of people, while the display name will present several possibilities when searching due to its lack of uniqueness.
The “how to change twitter username on phone” is a guide that will teach you how to change your Twitter handle or username. This guide also includes instructions on how to do this on the web, and through the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
- change display name twitter
- how to change twitter name not username
- how to change twitter handle on desktop
- twitter display name
- can’t change twitter display name