OneDrive is the default storage app on Windows 10, but it’s not your only option. Learn how to uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 if you don’t want it anymore.
The “how to disable onedrive windows 11” is a solution for users who want to uninstall OneDrive from their computer. The steps are simple and easy.
Microsoft OneDrive is a useful tool for storing personal documents. The program, however, may be removed if the user no longer requires it. This will enable you to operate with your computer in a more comfortable manner. Let’s look at a few alternative methods for totally removing OneDrive from Windows 10.
Method 1: Uninstall OneDrive from My / This Computer
The “This PC” folder (named My Computer in previous versions of the Windows OS family) is located on the desktop. If it isn’t there, look for it in the Start taskbar’s search box, as seen in the picture.
To remove OneDrive, follow the steps below:
- My Computer / This / This / This / This / This / This
- Locate the “System” block under the “Computer” tab.
- Choose “Remove or modify the program” from the drop-down menu.
- Find and remove the Microsoft OneDrive program from the list that appears in the new window.
It’s possible that the operation will take some time. The Start panel may be used to access the window for removing apps. Select Programs and Features or Applications and Features from the list by right-clicking on the Windows icon in the left corner.
Method 2: use the “Control Panel” to remove.
If you have Windows 10, you may launch the “Control Panel” by right-clicking on Windows (Start) on the taskbar’s left side. Use the search if the service isn’t available.
To uninstall OneDrive, follow these steps:
- Set “Categories” in the “View” window of “Control Panel.”
- Select “Uninstall Programs” from the “Programs” box.
- Find and choose from the list in the Microsoft OneDrive window’s center.
- Right-click on OneDrive and choose “Delete” from the top bar.
It is recommended that you restart your computer or laptop after finishing the operation.
Method 3: Using the command line to remove
You must first determine if your Windows operating system is 64 bit or 32 bit before using this approach to remove Microsoft OneDrive. To do so, right-click on “This machine” and choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu. The “System type” will be mentioned in the “System” portion of the window that opens.
The following are the measures to take:-
- In the taskbar’s search box, type “Command Prompt” or “cmd” in the search field. With the right mouse button, pick “Run as administrator” on the identified program.
- If you’re using a 64-bit system, use the following command:
SysWOW64OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %SystemRoot %
- If you’re using a 32-bit operating system, follow these steps:
System32OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall % SystemRoot % System32OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall % System32OneDriveSetup.exe
- Wait for the procedure to finish before restarting your computer or laptop.
Method 4: remove using the Windows 10 Settings menu
The approach is identical to procedures 1 and 2, however it utilizes the Windows 10 interface through “Settings.”
- Press Win + I and go to the Applications & Features section.
- Next, locate and choose OneDrive from the list; you will be invited to “Uninstall,” click it, and wait for the procedure to finish.
That’s all there is to it, guys. Was this article useful to you? Please tell us in the comments section below.
The “oneDrive onedrive mac” is a tool that allows users to uninstall OneDrive from their computer. The process is very simple and easy, but it does require you to have administrator privileges. Reference: uninstall onedrive mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I completely remove OneDrive?
A: The fastest way to completely remove OneDrive is by going into the settings on your PC and manually deleting any remaining folders related to it. If you uninstall it from Windows, that also leaves no traces of it with Microsofts system and will allow for an easier clean up process.
Is it OK to uninstall OneDrive?
A: Microsoft does not recommend deleting your OneDrive. This is because it is possible that you could lose important data if you delete them, like documents or photos.
- how do i stop onedrive from syncing to my pc
- should i uninstall onedrive
- remove onedrive folder from file explorer
- how to unsync onedrive without deleting files
- uninstall onedrive windows 10 powershell